Seven things I’ve learned so far in 2012:
(Only seven. Last year it was ten, the year before, twenty. I’m getting shorter as I age)
- Be a person of your word. It decreases stress and increases quality of life, even when it hurts sometimes.
- Take naps every day if you can get away with it. Numerous health benefits–those Europeans have a good thing going!
- Even the greatest distress/discomfort/pain/heartbreak passes. Do not lose a minute of the time you DO have in fear of what you MIGHT have.
- Exercise every day. Nuff said.
- Take a risk in love–have pets. Yes, they can break your heart. So can a lot of things. Pets, especially dogs and cats, give back way more than they take.
- Make time for friendship. It’s surprising how many of us get isolated without meaning to.
- Revel in music. All kinds. Participate in it if you can.