Seven things I've learned so far in 2012:
(Only seven. Last year it was ten, the year before, twenty. I'm getting shorter as I age)
- Be a person of your word. It decreases stress and increases quality of life, even when it hurts sometimes.
- Take naps every day if you can get away with it. Numerous health benefits–those Europeans have a good thing going!
- Even the greatest distress/discomfort/pain/heartbreak passes. Do not lose a minute of the time you DO have in fear of what you MIGHT have.
- Exercise every day. Nuff said.
- Take a risk in love–have pets. Yes, they can break your heart. So can a lot of things. Pets, especially dogs and cats, give back way more than they take.
- Make time for friendship. It's surprising how many of us get isolated without meaning to.
- Revel in music. All kinds. Participate in it if you can.
Awesome post! I agree wholeheartedly with all 7. I will work harder at #7. Thanks for the reminder 🙂
I auditioned and got into the Whatcom Chorale about 8-9 years ago. Love singing serious music as an alto. It’s 2 1/2 hour commitment each week. I was going to stop two years ago, then realized how much I needed it.
Music is something that is growing as a passion for me as I age! Thanks for sharing that Janet, I’m sure its awesome to be part of something like that.
Great advice, Toby!
I am feeling succinct these days.
And yours is too!!
All so true and so simple. Yet it’s the simple things that tend to be forgotten. Thanks for the reminder!
You’re welcome! Aloha
Lovely list of great advice!
As someone who has taken her naps much more seriously in recent years, I agree with all the benefits. 🙂